Social Work for Disabled Children
- Become a part of the More Africa family by joining our volunteer program
- Get closer to the local people and culture of Zanzibar by learning the local Swahili language
- Train our local teachers, show or improve your social work skills and contribute to the development of children.
- Make memories you'll never forget! In your weekend you can explore the island or go on a safari. We can organize everything for you!
- Did you know that several researches have shown that people who volunteer are happier and healthier than people who don’t?
About the program
Special education, physical therapy, social skills training & more. More Africa is looking for professionals and students who want to work with disabled children.
Known as the Spice Island, the beautiful island of Zanzibar on Africa’s east coast is bursting with culture and history, seemingly at odds with its idyllic geography of white-sand beaches with palms swaying lazily in the sea breeze. Together this makes Zanzibar a fabulous place to ...
A typical day at More Africa looks like this:
07:30: The volunteers eat breakfast
in the volunteer house (bread).
08:00: We pick up all the children together. We do this to make sure that the children actually come.
09:00: Start school and physiotherapy. The children play outside.
10:00: Start ...
In your free time you can discover
all the beauty that Zanzibar has to offer. We can help you book and arrange
everything for you. As a volunteer you will pay the cost price, we will of
course not charge you any more!
We advise you not to book tours locally or on the beach.
On our website you can find ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Volunteers can arrive every Monday between 8.00 and 20.00. We will pick you up at the airport or ferry. Because it is an hour's drive, we ask volunteers who arrive the same day to take the same flights where possible. It is not possible to start at the project on another day than Monday. If you like to acclimatize before you start, you can of course arrive earlier and we will arrange a hotel for you.
April and May is rainy season on Zanzibar. Normally we are closed all month in May. However, if you want to come for a long internship, we can sometimes deviate from this. Furthermore, the school is closed from the week of Christmas for 3 weeks.
Meet your host
Non-profit - founded in 2015
Verified by Volunteer World