Thai Island Dog & Cat Shelter
- Meet our resident, adoptable animals and see how your project fee helps animals from all over Thailand.
- You’ll meet loads of great people and we know you’ll have lots of fun, but the animals come first.
- Enjoy a working holiday and contribute to these animals who need us.
- Visit Kitty Cafe and enjoy delicious wraps, brownies, cupcakes or a cooling iced tea. No animal products have been used in any of the food or drink sold. All proceeds go to caring for our animals.
- Enjoy living on an island in Thailand eating beautiful food and meeting the locals.
About the program
This project was started in 2005 when it became apparent that dog and cat populations were spiralling out of control and cruelty to these animals was prevalent.
The project started in 2005 when it became apparent that dog and cat populations were spiralling out of control and cruelty to these animals was prevalent. One factor was that after the Tsunami during the Thai construction boom, construction workers came to the island with their dogs but ...
You will be involved in the daily routine of the resident cats and dogs (and occasional wildlife) at the centre. This includes
- exercising the dogs in the running areas and taking them for walks
- socialising and playing with the animals
- feeding and watering the animals
- giving medication and care
The island of Ko Lanta Yai has 9 gorgeous white sandy beaches, splendid scenery and coastlines boasting more than 70 small islands with forests, coral reefs and underwater life.
Most people spend one day of their holiday in Koh Lanta Yai driving around the island on a rented motorbike or car. You can ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Volunteers can start this project Monday - Sunday, all year
To get there, fly to Krabi, Thailand. O2E can arrange an airport pick up for you.
Another option is an overnight sleeper train from Bangkok to Trang, then a bus to Koh Lanta.
Alternatively, if you fly to Phuket you can get a bus from the airport to Koh Lanta, or take a bus to the port and get a ferry (Nov-Apr only). The journey time from Phuket is around five hours.
Meet your host
Oceans 2 Earth Volunteers
Non-profit - founded in 2011
Verified by Volunteer World
About the project
184 reviews · 4.9
2023 at Wildlife Shelter Carer