a partire da 600€
Teaching Assistant at a Primary School
- Experience Kenyan lifestyle and customs.
- Help local teachers learn the advancements in education from other countries!
- Learn Swahili and tribal dialects at your own pace and explore your love for languages!
- Make an impact that would change young African minds!
- Visit the beautiful locale of Mombasa and Masai Mara to get a taste of the famed African wildlife!
Particolarmente adatto per
The main aim of this project is to work with local teachers and improve their educational style within the indigenous curriculum.
Looking forward to working with a school in a rural setting? Do you wanna experience the challenges of African curriculum? Are you good with kids? If yes is your answer, then don’t hold back.
Timbwani Baptist Primary School is a primary level institution located in the Likoni county ...
On your first day of volunteering, you will be escorted to your accommodation by a local coordinator/staff member and allowed to relax and rest. Following that, you will meet the admin and the organizational hierarchy who will explain the work and the ongoing projects to be done.
Attività del tempo libero
During the weekend, volunteers have spare time to:
- relax or take the opportunity to explore the Mombasa locale, such as visiting the beach, planning a fun and entertainment program with the kids, etc.
- Also, they can tour in and around places like Kilifi, Diani and so on.
- Being famous for the wildlife ...
Cosa NON è incluso?
would be announced.
However, with the new systems fast approaching, it would be wise for the volunteers to make the journey at the soonest and get the maximal experience.
The program orientation begins usually on the day of the volunteer’s arrival or the day after, given the randomly changing flight schedules in lieu of the recent covid19 situation.
In case the volunteer is scheduled for Nairobi, there might be additional charges for pickup assistance or a proper navigational guidance for the route to Mombasa.
We strongly advise volunteers to save time and money to book a direct or a 1-stop flight to Mombasa (IATA code – MBA) as the final destination and their place of volunteering is the same.
- After you have registered for the program, please book your flights to arrive at Mombasa International Airport.
- When you arrive, you will be greeted at the airport by a member of the local team and transported to the volunteer accommodation.
- If you are traveling in Kenya prior to your volunteer program, we can arrange for you to be picked up in Mombasa on the day before your program orientation or you can navigate by yourself to the destination. Please make sure to keep in touch with the program coordinator and you will be assisted and guided during the tenure of your tour and stay accordingly. After all, traveling is always smoother when it has a proper communication system.
- Orientation is given by the admin or a staff member in the orphanage campus.
- Orientation begins on the morning of your chosen start date and covers everything you need to know for your volunteer program in Kenya – Introduction to Mombasa, Kenyan Customs, Language Training Details, Rules and Expectations, Safety, Travel Opportunities in Kenya (in and around Mombasa) and Introduction to your project.
Once your orientation is complete, you will be guided to your work location and you can proceed with the relevant work.
**We strongly advise visitors not to reserve night flights as transport for pick-up might not be available. Preferably between 2300 to 0400 hours any day (east African Time).**
Tariffe del programma
Incontra il tuo ospite
Verificato da Volunteer World