International college with international studies and practical training for volunteers for development work in Africa and India.
CICD in Hull is for students 18 + and up, who want to learn about the world at the same time as doing valuable development work. You don't need previous experiences or specific background to join - but you need a big heart, to be flexible and ready for big challenges and to learn many new things! Our teams are from 12 to 24 months, and all include 6 months voluntary work as a Development Instructor at a project for community development, health campaigns or education in Africa or India.
CICD works together with the NGO Humana People to People to stop poverty, working together with the poor in Zambia, Mozambique, Angola and other countries in Africa and in India to fight disease and create good education.
- Education of children and adults in Preschools, Primary schools and Teachers Training Colleges
- Training of youth in vocational schools
- Environment and water projects
- Farming and micro finance
- Health campaigns, prevention of HIV/AIDS, malaria