Tourist Visa - Travelling and volunteering for up to 90 days (extension possible)
Argentina does not offer a "Volunteer Visa", so you will have to do volunteer work with a Tourist Visa. Please make sure to confirm the right Visa type for you, for example with an Argentinian Embassy or the
organization you're volunteering with.
The following nations are exempt of issuing a Visa. However, some of them are required to pay a reciprocity fee:
United States of America (reciprocity fee), Andorra, Armenia, Australia (reciprocity fee), Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bolivia, Brasil, Bulgaria, Canada (reciprocity fee), Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia,
Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan,
Kazakhstan, Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
Russian Federation, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, San Marino, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago,
Turkey, Suriname, Ukraine and United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Uruguay.
- Citizens of the European Union and United States of America for stays no longer than 90 days.
- Citizens of Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, and Venezuela for stays of up to 90 days.
- Citizens of all nations on transit, who will continue their trip within 6 hours of arrival, without abandoning the airport.
These visa exemptions apply only for tourist and business trips. Tourist Visa extension is possible only for citizens of some nationalities; please consult this on the Consular Section of the Argentinean Embassy.
- Valid Passport or travel document that is valid for a minimum of 6 months from the intended date of entry and have at least one completely free page left for the visa.
- Two completed (2) visa applications.
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs.
- Proof of financial means (i.e.: bank statements of the last six months). Please provide original documents and copies.
- Hotel reservation or address where you will be staying in Argentina.
- Non-refundable visa fee of approx. $50 USD. (Free for India and Morocco nationals).
- Onward or return flight ticket.
- A letter of invitation of the Organization you are working with, in which your obligations are described, and the responsible of your stay is also clearly specified.
All visa applicants without exception are requested to be present for an interview with a consular officer. Make sure to confirm these details before applying. Applicants of some nationalities may be required
to provide additional information and documents.