If you're planning to volunteer in Chile for up to one year, the short-term visa is for you. It applies to people coming to Chile for an internship, for volunteer work and travelling.
Please note that there aren't any express visas in Chile, so you should apply well in advance as it normally takes up to 4 weeks to get it approved.
You need to submit the following documents when applying:
- the completed application form (including the contact information of your contact person in Chile)
- 4 passport-sized, biometric photographs
- police clearance certificate (not older than three months)
- photocopy of your valid passport
- a document supporting your reason for applying (e.g. your letter of invitation/contract with the social project in Chile)
- proof of funding
- a copy of your international certificate of vaccination
- certificate of health
Find the Chilean embassy closest to you on
and get in touch to start the application process.
If you're planning to live and work in Chile for more than one year, you need a work contract to apply for the regular work visa. This might apply if you find work during your
volunteer stay in Chile or start working for the organization as a regular employee. You'll need the same documents as listed above as well as a copy of your work contract to apply.