· Help the two teachers cook and serve the food, do the dishes, the cleaning or any other tasks there are to be done
· Interact with the children through games, songs, drawings and workshops.
· Help take care of the children.
· Help to plan the activities in the kindergarten.
· Interact with the kids through games, songs, drawings or other kind of workshops.
· Teach the children numbers, the alphabet in Spanish, their first words.
· Maintain personal contact and be a role model for the kids.
Stella, teacher and founder of the kindergarten, is the Voluntario Global coordinator. She will guide the volunteer to feel immersed. She will assign tasks or suggests activities or workshops that volunteers can develop.
It is important to build relationships with the kids that will make you earn their trust and respect. Children are always eager to learn and play and we try to stimulate their learning. Some of them don’t get enough attention at home and that is why they are always looking for affection and attention to their everyday little accomplishments. Having a smile for them is the most important thing.
Location and First Day at Work
“Villa 21” is located 25 minutes away of downtown city. The volunteer gets there by bus. On their first day, the volunteer will meet with the coordinator of Voluntario Global who will accompany you to the project to show you how to get there. Once you get to the neighborhood you will meet with Stella, who will introduce other helpers and children. During this day, volunteer will begin to understand the work and know the children in order to feel useful and integrate during the following days.