Children’s English Teacher:
As a children’s English teacher, you form the backbone of HOOP’s program by inspiring the young people of Flora Tristan and helping to create better opportunities for them. Successful candidates will share a passion for our cause and values, have a positive attitude, and be highly motivated.
If this sounds like you, and you are willing to invest time and effort into the organization and the wider community by actively contributing to the delivery of HOOP`s vision, then we encourage you to apply.
We are currently seeking Children & Youth English Teachers to join our team in Arequipa, Peru, from April. Preference will be given to candidates who can stay for 3 months or longer (2 months minimum).
Successful candidates will be:
- Organized and reliable, with good time management
- Creative and resourceful to be able to work in a development environment and make best use of HOOP’s limited resources
- Flexible and responsive to the frequently changing needs of the organization and community
- Approachable and personable to build effective relationships with the HOOP team, students and local people
What we offer
- Teacher training at the start of your placement
- The opportunity to further your practical teaching experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to contribute to the improvement and development of our other program areas, including health, nutrition, hygiene and business classes
- A reference upon successful completion of the placement
- The chance to live in Peru as part of a team of fun, friendly and like-minded volunteers
- The chance to improve your overall understanding of the international development field
HOOP is committed to providing a high-quality experience for our volunteers, and we continually aim to improve our program in response to volunteer feedback.
We're confident you will have a great time at HOOP. But don’t take our word for it - here are some recent volunteer reviews:
“What an amazing organization! I'm totally impressed by their work and it's been an awesome time in Peru.”
“I couldn't have chosen a better organization to work for. Each day I came home with a smile on my face knowing that HOOP has made a difference.”
"My biggest regret is that I didn’t come for longer!”