Volunteer travel to Hanoi and help disabled students in Phuc Tue caring center
We are CVTD (Center for International Cooperation and Vietnam Talent Development) - a NGO, non-profit volunteer organization based in Hanoi, Vietnam, which was founded since 2012. We operate mainly in the fields of education, community eco-tourism and support of business startup. CVTD is a member of the Vietnam Scientific Association for Development of Talents – Human Resources, with the support from Erasmus Ka2+ by European Union funding.
Our goal is to create short and long-term International Voluntary Projects to assist in long lasting community development, education and community eco-tourism; to exchange and explore cultures; broaden experiences and improve skills between Vietnamese volunteers and international volunteers. And our purpose is linking people all over the World and helping develop human resource for sustainable development of the society.
CVTD offers care, education, career advice and vocational training for mentally and physically impaired children. Our mission is to care for, educate, restore mental health, teach, and guide disabled individuals to enable them to find suitable jobs, build self-confidence and become more independent in their everyday lives. As they are absorbed into the community, their burden on their families in particular, and society as a whole, will diminish.
Besides early grade academic lessons, educational programs include physical education and therapy, yoga, painting and poetry.
Working hours: 8:30 am - 4.00 pm (Mon - Fri) with a lunch from 11.00 - 2.00 pm) ● Applying physiotherapy to children in need ● Playing with the children. ● Feeding the children during lunch time. ● Working in the kitchen garden, providing veggies for the children’s meals Optional:
● Applying physiotherapy to children in need
● Playing with the children.
● Feeding the children during lunch time.
● Working in the kitchen garden, providing veggies for the children’s meals
Optional:Fundraising & collecting books and second hand clothes and shoes for the children.
We have city-tour and culture exchange activities between volunteer, staff and student every weekend. The Volunteers will have time to experience local food, cultural exchange and travel around through interaction with the local people. Cost of this programme is from $1 to 100$ per person.
Volunteer service includes the following:
- Accommodation: Volunteers will be living in the CVTD’s volunteer house in Me Tri Ha Village, which is covinient with The Garden shopping center, BigC Supermarket, many hotels, 5 stars - JW Marriott Hotel , restaurants, bars, coffee shops, or Lotte cinema and Keangnam Landmark 72 – the highest building in Vietnam with 10 minutes walk, or My Dinh National Stadium, The National Conference Center, Hanoi Museum , Korean town… with 5 minutes walk.
++ The house contains a large living room, two bedrooms with two bathrooms, hot water in bathroom, and air conditioner in bedroom (from 10:00PM to 8:00AM in summer), a kitchen and a beautyful courtyard.
++ Volunteers share their rooms with other volunteers, using bunk beds
++ There is full internet connection in the accommodation.
++ The centre is approximately 45 minutes away from Hanoi's Old Quarter by bus, which only costs 7.000 VND for one way ($0,30).
- Meals: Two meals per day (Lunch and dinner). We do not supply breakfast, but we have full kitchen facilities which you are free to use. And do not meals outside the volunteer house (Example: No lunch, when you go to Phuc Tue Center).
- Transport from CVTD’s volunteer house to the center by bus.
- Airport pick-up / drop-off at Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi.
- Various scenic visits with students.
- CVTD’s staff is available 24/7 by Online/Telephone or in person to support and guide you. It is extremely safe in Vietnam and there is really nothing to concern about.
(*) Not included:
- Flight tickets
- Visa application fee in home country
- Insurance of any kind. Participants are required to obtain adequate the Travel insurance, Health insurance, etc.,
- Personal items (toothpaste, towels, shampoo, shower gel, soap…).
- Travel during the program and after the formal program is completed
- Stipend – this is a volunteer project, the volunteer will receive no allowance or stipend
Our Ms. Mai from CVTD will be waiting for you outside the airport building. As you exit the door, you will see a column on your right just before the cubicle where passengers can book a taxi. She will be standing next to the column holding a placard ‘CVTD WELCOMES ……………….” Flight you up at that time at Noi Bai Airport.
You will be accommodated in CVTD’s volunteer house, situated next to green rice fields with lots of fresh air.The volunteer house consists of a large living room, four big (shared) bedrooms with balcony and air conditioner, an extra (‘activity’) room, four bathroom with hot water, toilet and a kitchen.There’s free wifi connectivity (so bring your laptop or iPad!) and free washing machine. There’s place for 6-8 volunteers at a time.
Meals – two meals per day (include: lunch and dinner). We do not supply breakfast, but we have full kitchen facilities which you are free to use
Building community together to speak English and travel experience in Hanoi. Teaching English for children from 4 – 11 year old in around of center Hanoi.
Build a community together, speak English and get travel experience in Ta Van, Sapa. Teach English to children from 4-11 year old, youngs and workers in Ta Van.
The purpose is to help these ethnic populations to acquire the knowledge and skills and to protect the environment.