Working to support disadvantaged young people or trekking the Inca Trail? why not do both?!
The fundraising component of LAFF's work aims to increase funds from Trusts and Foundations, schools and universities in order to financially support LAFF's programmes. Working with LAFFF's communications coordinator, this fundraising focused role maintains and improves LAFF's international and local visibility through innovative strategies and raises awareness about various socioeconomic problems, in particular those affecting young people in Peru, in order to increase local and international funding support. The fundraising strategy consists of identifying fundraising possibilities; writing proposals to trusts, foundations and businesses; and engaging with schools and universities. Focus is also placed on ensuring that all funders receive updated information and appropriate gratitude/recognition for their support.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager the Fundraising Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Plan, develop, and carry our LAFF's fundraising activities
- Research potential funding opportunities and draft funding proposals with the participation of other LAFF team members, depending on the programme area
- Ensure all current donors are recognised for their support and are well informed of progress on the ground through timely and relevant reports and updates
- Launch campaigns encouraging fundraising activities for LAFF's supporters
- Manage and develop LAFF's ambassadors programme
- Maintain and update a fundraising strategy
- Ensure that the fundraising practices reflect the priorities, mission and vision of LAFF.
- Network and forge links with relevant stakeholders and organisations (including current and potential donors, companies, trusts, foundations, schools and universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives and the engagement of our supporters in all fundraising activities
- Ensure that all supporters have regular contact with the young people they are supporting
You need to speak
Criminal Background Check
International Development / Business or related at Degree level
CV and Cover Letter
• Relevant qualification and/or work or volunteer experience in fundraising highly desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with ability to multitask.
• Experience/good knowledge of social media usage.
• Good knowledge of MS Office.
We are looking for self-assured, motivated self starters who are able to work independently as well as being good team players.
Your helping hand will be required on
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Close to Machu Picchu and wonderful hiking opportunities. The beautiful and sociable city of Cusco is also within reach of Lima, Lake Titicaca and the Amazon rainforest! You will be part of a small and friendly LAFF team with whom you can socialise and undertake these activities in your spare time.