Marine conservation volunteers are needed to research on chemical and physical oceanography, training on modern fishing methods and sustainability.
About The Conservation
To Carry out inventory and assessment of fish stocks, their spatial and temporal abundance and distribution. Conducting research on oceanography and hydrography including physical, chemical, biological and geological oceanography of the inshore, near shore and offshore waters. Supporting bio-prospecting in these waters and research on sustainable use and protection of aquatic resources in marine waters.
- Tree planting and using water sheds to restore degraded water sheds
- Undertaking research in marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, and marine research including chemical and physical oceanography
- Educating small scale fishermen on new techniques of fishing,investigating new and adoptive culture species and techniques for enhanced fish production in ponds, tanks, raceways, and through cage and pen culture.
- Adopting and training people on use of bio fuel as an alternative source of energy and discouraging de-afforestation, and promoting greener energy
- Monitoring pollution in fresh and marine waters
- Study on chemical and physical components important to aquatic life
Volunteer in Marine & Environment Conservation
Volunteers can do a number of activities when free like travelling, learning Swahili, Safari, scuba diving, visiting cultural centers, mountain climbing and visiting the beach.
Airport pick up at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi,Kisumu International Airport in Kisumu and Mombasa International Airport in Mombasa
Volunteer to provide flight itinerary
Orientation a day after the airport pick up in the morning
Traveling to the site a day after orientation by public means
20 minutes drive by public transport
Bathroom with shower and toilet
Volunteer shares a bedroom with 1 other volunteer, own bedding sheet, pillow and Mosquito net
Breakfast and Dinner
Local Kenyan food served and vegetarian meal can be organized on request.
Food is balanced diet
Water is boiled the stored in a container for volunteer consumption, alternative volunteers buy their own bottled water
Volunteer to do tasks like lobbying, researching, provision of legal aid and justice distribution.
Volunteer to teach english, math, social sciences in a primary school.
Take care of children and give them a perspective through education.
Voluteer and offer financial services and education to low income earners.
Provision of quality health care services, open for Pre medical and elective students.