Health Volunteers work with us at a medical facility on grassroots level, where the need is most urgent and the impact can be the greatest.
Health Volunteers work with us at a medical facility on grassroots level, where the need is most urgent and the impact can be the greatest. They work in various different health-related fields, e.g. medical outreach, social and behavior change in public health, hygiene, water sanitation, and HIV/AIDS and other killer diseases like TB, cancer , malaria etc
Activities are likely to include some or all of the following:
- -Support medical staff in day-to-day healthcare services.
-- - Provide non-invasive health care assistance such as eye exams, Malaria and Dengue fever preventions, de-worming programs, diabetes screenings etc.
- - Provide basic assistance in outreach and home visits as well as patient clinic visits
- -Educate students and youth about healthy lifestyles and life skills.
- -Conduct community outreach to heighten awareness of health-related issues, sanitation and environmental issues
- -Provide training to medical staff members.
- -Attend Medical Staff meetings as necessary. Assist as needed with agenda and materials preparation and record minutes at specified committees.
- -Maintain confidential credentials files and electronic medical staff database.
National park visiting, site seeing, grass lands, forests, indoor games, etc
All local transportation for project is catered for including airport pickups and drop offs up on departure.
Eloi Ministries has a good banglow building which has great accommodation facilities, strategically located with easy access to Kampala city centre which renders it secure and accessible. The house is self contained, with WiFi internet, small shared rooms of two to three occupants, cable TV, CCTV CAMERA Surveillance, warm showers and electricity for lighting and ironing in a family setting among other amenities.
Vegetarian and non vegetarian foods available. Uganda is blessed with numerous fruit types which are also available.
A volunteer is entitled to 4meals a day namely breakfast, lunch, evening tea, and Dinner.
2 Bottles of mineral drinking water daily.etc