Working to support disadvantaged young people or trekking the Inca Trail? Why not do both?!
In order to reduce dependency and move towards sustainability, LAFF supports activities which generate income for our partners, reduce their dependency on external funding and, in some cases, provide training and job placement opportunities for at-risk young people. The Social Enterprise/ income generation programme is built around a participatory approach. The main strategy is to provide technical support directly or indirectly through LAFF’s volunteers, the PM and/or training institutions. LAFF also raises funds to cover the start-up costs of social enterprise projects/ income generating activities. The aim of the programme, however, is to design a self-sustainable business model, so that the business will one day no longer require financial assistance from LAFF or other sources.
· Undergraduate Degree in Business, International Development, Economics or related field, or substantial Business Management experience. Post graduate degree desirable but not essential.
· Minimum of 1 year of work and/or volunteer experience in Business Administration and/or International Development.
· Budget development, administrative skills and financial management experience required.
· Experience with designing, developing and implementing social enterprises highly desirable.
· Advanced proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and intermediate English ability.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Social Enterprise Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
· Identify through meetings with partner managers the needs/requirements for the development of social enterprise/ income generation projects at our partner organisations and LAFF.
· Identify methods, processes and tools to implement, sustain and grow social enterprises/ income generation schemes.
· Provide technical support and build the capacity of our partners (directly or indirectly) in the development of effective business management processes, such as: budgets, investment plans, costs and income analysis, feasible business strategies, etc.
· Provide hands-on support when necessary.
· Monitor and evaluate the results and impact of the Social Enterprise Programme and submit progress reports.
· Support proposal writing for fundraising purposes.
· In collaboration with the Communications Officer, develop Marketing Strategies, such as market studies, promotional materials, online visibility, etc.
· Support in Financial Decision-making: developing financial projections, advising, etc.
· Network and forge links with other stakeholders and organisations (including local governments, donors, companies, universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives.
Close to Machu Picchu and wonderful hiking opportunities. The beautiful and sociable city of Cusco is also within reach of Lima, Lake Titicaca and the Amazon rainforest! You will be part of a small and friendly LAFF team with whom you can socialise and undertake these activities in your spare time.
A LAFF volunteer can be arranged to meet you at the airport to welcome you