A training and development officer handles the learning and professional development of an organization’s workforce.
A training and development officer handles the learning and professional development of an organization’s workforce. Trainers equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks. Training and development officers help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees' skills, enabling them to fulfill their potential within their organization.
Activities are likely to include some or all of the following:
- Participate in identifying training and development needs within the organization.
- Design and expand training and development programs based on both the organization’s and the individual's needs.
- Consider the costs of planned programs and keep within budgets.
- Devise individual learning plans.
- Produce training materials for in-house courses.
- Manage the delivery of training and development programs.
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers.
- Evaluate training and development programs and amend and revise them as necessary
- Help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
Volunteers have many possibilities for free-time activities.
All local transportation for project is catered for including airport pickups and drop offs up on departure.
Eloi Ministries has a good banglow building which has great accommodation facilities, strategically located with easy access to Kampala city centre which renders it secure and accessible. The house is self contained, with WiFi internet, small shared rooms of two to three occupants, cable TV, CCTV CAMERA Surveillance, warm showers and electricity for lighting and ironing in a family setting among other amenities.
Vegetarian and non vegetarian foods available. Uganda is blessed with numerous fruit types which are also available.
A volunteer is entitled to 4meals a day namely breakfast, lunch, evening tea, and Dinner.
2 Bottles of mineral drinking water daily.etc