Long-term DolphinCare Assistant 90N
- In-water encounters with the wild and friendly Dolphins of Ponta; enjoy time in their space while assisting on the dolphin boat.
- Experience Mozambique, her people, her culture and her food; beautiful and safe village lifestyle
- Experience the coastal shallow reef while recreational free-diving (snorkel) or scuba diving (courses available)
- Meet dolphins that have been part of a 20 year longterm monitoring project.
- Whale encounters between July - Oct
About the program
Volunteer stays offers a unique opportunity for one to gain hands on experience that focuses on marine mammals that focuses on dolphins.
Our mornings start early in Ponta! If we are launching one can expect to be up at sunrise in preparation for the days dolphin sessions at sea. After a quick cuppa and snack you will head down to our dolphin center where you will assist with guest preparations for their encounter with wild ...
The daily obligations of our volunteers include
- Waking up early and being on time!
- Boat based and in-water data & image capturing
- Land based observations
- Data entry & image cropping/cataloguing
- Dolphins of Ponta fin id and adoption project
- Preparation of educational, information boards
- Educational ...
During ones free-time there are a number of other activities one can participate in.
Scuba Diving - One is able to dive or qualify as a scuba diver through one of the permitted operators in the area.
Swimming - is possible in the bay of Ponta do Ouro
Water sports - includes surfing, lessons and board ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
The project operates year-round although there are some weeks we are closed.
Meet your organization
Verified by Volunteer World
About the project
13 reviews · 4.8
You might also be interested in
Under 18s Volunteering
50 Plus Volunteering
Animals in Africa
Global Volunteer Opportunities
High School Volunteering
Whale and Dolphin
Best Volunteer Programs
Marine Big 5