Animal Rehabilitation & Rainforest Conservation
- Immerse yourself in the enchanting Amazon rainforest and experience living in one of the world's most unique ecosystems
- Make a difference by aiding in the rehabilitation and care of illegally trafficked wildlife, giving them a chance to thrive once again
- Expand your knowledge of wildlife and animal care through hands-on learning and guidance from experienced professionals
- Join a select group of volunteers and become part of the special community at Merazonia, sharing unforgettable moments and creating lifelong connections
- Explore nearby attractions like Baños and other tourist destinations during your free days, adding adventure and exploration to your experience
About the program
Elevate rainforest conservation with Merazonia's professional animal care, release, and ecological preservation. Be a force for nature! 🦜
Merazonia is a dynamic rescue and rehabilitation centre in the Amazon basin of Ecuador, elected three times in a row as best rescue centre of South America by GHP magazine. We are currently caring for about 100 animals, including: capuchin, tamarin, red howler and woolly monkeys; many species of ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Arrival on Monday or Thursday afternoons.
The minimum time for volunteering is 3 or 4
weeks, depending on the time of year (from June to August we ask for a 4 week minimum). People wanting to volunteer for longer than three weeks take preference. Staying longer will
also make your own experience better.
Meet your organization
Non-profit - founded in 2004
Verified by Volunteer World