Childcare at a Creche or Kindergarten
- Volunteer in a poverty-stricken township, using your childcare skills to make a positive difference
- Enjoy the comfortable Mediterranean climate, perfect for pleasant trips during your free time
- Engage and inspire children through sports, arts, and dance activities
- Explore the diverse range of activities South Africa offers, including spotting the iconic Big Five
- Experience the vibrant nightlife and socialize at Cape Town's numerous bars
About the program
Volunteer at a Creche or Kindergarten in Cape Town with infants and children up to 6 years of age.
About the Program
Volunteers work approximately 5 hours a day in a public kindergarten or NGO-run after-school center for toddlers from some of Cape Town’s poorest townships. Volunteers work with the local teachers to introduce the children to basic concepts in topics like culture, geography, math ...
Usual working days go from 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM of which you have to work for approx. 5 hours and include the following activities.
- Feeding, teaching and playing with children
- Meal preparation
- Making educational toys and learning aids
- Assist the teachers with creative arts, songs and dance
- Look after the ...
Cape Town is one of Africa’s most popular tourist destinations for a reason. Its beaches, such as Camp’s Bay, are world renown, and Cape Town’s beachfront and downtown areas are lively at any time. During the day it is easy to find artisans selling their crafts or outdoor cafes to enjoy the ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
The Volunteer South Africa Program begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday, so you may arrive on any Sunday of the year. You will have your Orientation Day on that first Monday, and begin at the project on the Tuesday.
We understand that flights may be expensive and you may not always be able to secure a flight to arrive on set arrival dates, we are therefore happy to accommodate last minute bookings even participants who are only able to arrive on a day where they are able to secure an affordable flight.
Meet your host
Stay Africa Volunteers
Non-profit - founded in 1972
Verified by Volunteer World