2018 at Community Empowerment Assistant
Community Empowerment Assistant
- Enjoy the unique weather offered by the country of a thousand hills while contribute to the preservation of the biodiversity through capacity building
- Gain the Rwandan experience through day to day interaction with local communities
- Become more passionate about your major and propel your career with international experience
- Make memories you will never forget during your free time like after work hours, weekend and day off excursions in a full comfort company of teammates and other travelers
- Visit various wonders that this beautiful country offers including hiking, visiting national parks, beautiful lakes and beautiful beaches, learn the culture through story telling museums
About the program
The programme offers applicants with opportunity to work towards local mindset about conservation by empowering former traditional hunters towards entrepreneurship.
This programme targets Historically Marginalised People which; is traditional forest dwellers living on hunting and fruits gathering. Unfortunately this way of living is no longer possible in Rwanda following the creation of national parks. A a result, this population has been evicted ...
A day as a volunteer varies on a daily basis. However, Partners For Conservation ensures volunteer intervention supports the necessary need and where a volunteer is happy to intervene. Partners For Conservation supports volunteer’s intervention by providing a comprehensive team involving among ...
A volunteer is free agent on the free, public day and on leave. However, volunteers are required to follow rules provided by where they stay this implies that they are called to communicate about their time in and out of the lodge for example. Partners For Conservation recommends the best activities ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Volunteer can join this programme at any time throughout the year as dictated by the farming seasons in Rwanda. On arrival, Partners For Conservation organizes a shuttle to pick up the volunteer at the airport (the organisation also provides a shuttle to drop the volunteer at the end of the volunteering). Upon arrival at PFC HQs and introduction to the staff, a volunteer is given a week for cultural immersion after which he’s introduced to the field and partners including beneficiaries and local authorities of where the activities are located. During the cultural immersion programme, the volunteer assisted by a personal interpreter visits important places in the area such as markets, recreation places etc and is introduced to the ways of living of Rwandans.
Meet your host
Partners For Conservation
Non-profit - founded in 2014
Verified by Volunteer World
About the project
10 reviews · 4.5
2023 at Public Health Assistant
2022 at Environmental Justice Assistant
2020 at NGO Administration Supporter
2019 at Environmental Justice Assistant
2019 at NGO Administration Supporter