Environmental Protection & Conservation
- Suitable for anybody that wants to leave civilization behind, clear their minds and enjoy pristine wildlife away from the stresses of civilization.
- Have amazing opportunities to see a variety of wildlife in their natural environment.
- Community involvement where we work in the schools to educate children on the value of the wildlife in their habitat.
- For anyone who has a desire to venture off the usual tourist route.
- Live with a Ghanaian host family and gain an insight into their daily way of life.
About the program
As a volunteer with this program, you will learn about all aspects of conservation.
About the Program
As a volunteer with this program, you will learn about all aspects of conservation. You will work with organizations on a wide range of conservation initiatives such as assisting with site restoration, planting of trees, maintenance of planting areas, ...
Usually, work days go from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM and include the following activities.
- Tree nursery
- Choosing seedings
- Adding seed bags
- Adding water to the nursery
- Fetching water
During weekends Volunteers/Interns have the opportunity to visit all that Ghana has to offer. Weekend trips available include visits to Mole National Park in the Northern Region of Ghana. This National Park offers a great Safari-like experience and is one of the biggest Elephant Sanctuaries in ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
This program is available all year round, so volunteers or interns can arrive any day of the week or any month of the year with advance notice!
Meet your organization
Non-profit - founded in 2004
Verified by Volunteer World
About the project
41 reviews · 4.5
2023 at Animal Care Supporter
2023 at Construction & Renovation
2022 at Construction & Renovation