Healthcare Worker in a Multidisciplinary Center
- Gain experience in an international setting and learn from different medical disciplines.
- Gain Spanish fluency by following one of our Spanish courses, living with a host family and sharing daily life with locals.
- Make memories you’ll never forget while working in our daily projects and during weekend excursions with your fellow participants.
- Experience the Ecuadorian way of life. Ama la vida!
- Visit Cuenca, Montañita, Baños, The Galapagos Islands, Cuyabeno and all the other wonderful places in Ecuador during your free time.
About the program
As a volunteer or intern you can provide medical care at in a prestigious institution, where you can work in different roles with professionals helping you on the way.
Our partner is a non-profit organization that provides medical care to the community of the city of Cuenca. The foundation envisions the distribution of medical and therapeutic services and the implementation of technological innovations, such as orthotics, prosthetics, and mobility aids. To ...
You can work part-time or full-time at the care center, depending on your further program. Normally you start at 9 AM and finish your day around 5 PM. In between you have ample time to have lunch with your colleagues and fellow volunteers.
The content of your program mainly depends on the specialisms ...
During your stay with Local Dreamers, you will live with one of our local host families or have a room in our volunteer house. Both the host families and the volunteer house (located above our office) are located in the center of Quito, close to the historic center and the tourist center. This ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Be aware that you can only get involved in this project when you have a background and experience in health care disciplines OR if you have the ambition to work in the medical world and are following or want to follow training in this field.
To become a volunteer or intern for this project, a minimum stay of two months is required.
Meet your host
Non-profit - founded in 2011
Verified by Volunteer World
About the project
13 reviews · 4.2
2022 at Conservation of Nature
2021 at Teacher at a Swimming School
2020 at Trainer at a Soccer School