One earth, our home - Let's prevent global warming
- Discover the amazing nature of Iceland, come and explore glaciers, volcanoes, waterfalls, and geysers.
- Experience new cultures through the cultural dinners that every volunteer prepares with traditional food from their country.
- Enjoy the White Nights in summer and the magnificent Northern Lights during winter.
- Improve your english, and participate in our environmental workshops.
- Help in the fight against plastic pollution by cleaning the coast of Iceland and be surprised by seals.
About the program
This program focuses on environmental education, environmental activities, and sustainability. The main tasks are beach cleanups, seed collection, and renovation work.
Worldwide Friends Iceland is running a center of Environment & Sustainability near the crossroads to the West, and North of Iceland. The center is called BRÚ, and it is located in Hrutafjordur which is 36 km long fjord in Hunathing vestra, on the R1.
Keep in mind that is a ...
A typical working day has the following schedule:
- 8:00 Breakfast
- 9:00-16:00 Work
- 13:00 Lunch
- 16:00-17:00 Free time
- 18:00 Workshop
- 19:00 Dinner
- 20:00 Movie Night
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Volunteers will be picked up at the City Hall of Reykjavik in Tjarnargata 11 101 Reykjavik at 09.00 am on the first day of the camp.
Drop off will be on the evening of the last day of the program at BSI Bus Station. You will arrive no sooner than 18:00. The time may vary due to adverse weather conditions and other related conditions. We strongly recommend departing no earlier than one day after the last day of your work camp. Keep in mind you have to arrange your stay for these days.
We strongly recommend arriving in Iceland at least one day before the first day of your project and departing no earlier than one day after the last day of your project.
*Pre-camp in Reykjavik - NOT included but optional for 150 euro (2 days before the start of the program)
- Day 1: Arrival day -Pick up at the BSI Bus Station (From 14:00 to 17:00) -Accommodation in Reykjavík*
- Day 2: Golden Circle Excursion - Accommodation in Reykjavík*
- Day 3: Departure to Workcamp accommodation
The start dates are every two weeks on a Wednesday and end on a Wednesday as well.
- 07.06 FULL
- 05.07 FULL
- 19.07 FULL
Meet your host
Non-profit - founded in 2001
Verified by Volunteer World