2023 at Orangutan Wildlife Center
Orangutan Wildlife Center
- Volunteer to be part of a vital mission, offering a safe haven for rehabilitated orangutans and sun bears
- Contribute to the meaningful rehabilitation process of rescued animals, giving them a second chance at a life free from harm
- Make a direct impact on conservation efforts by supporting the release of orangutans back into their natural habitat
- Experience unforgettable moments with orangutans through close interactions like feeding and observing them
- Expand your knowledge about these incredible animals and gain insights into their unique natural environment
About the program
Aid the rehabilitation and eventual release of orangutans by volunteering at this incredible wildlife centre, located in Malaysian Borneo.
Visit the award-winning Matang Wildlife Centre in Malaysian Borneo to aid conservation and protection of one of the world's most fascinating and enchanting species: the orangutan.
About the Program
Due to mass deforestation, mining and forest fires, orangutan habitats in Malaysia are depleting and are ...
You will need to arrive at Kuching Airport on the start date of your program between the hours of 7am and 5pm, where you will be met by a program representative in the arrivals hall and transferred to your first night's accommodation. On the first night there is a welcome dinner, where ...
During your time on this programme, you will receive two consecutive days off (usually Saturday and Sunday, though this cannot be guaranteed). As you will have most likely travelled a long way to Borneo, we always suggest taking advantage of the your spare time to explore the surrounding area, ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
This project runs throughout the year and has possible durations of 7, 14 or 28 nights.
Meet your host
Agency - founded in 2003
Verified by Volunteer World
About the project
181 reviews · 4.6
2017 at Orangutan Wildlife Center
2015 at Orangutan Wildlife Center
2013 at Orangutan Wildlife Center