Sea Turtles Conservation Assistants
- Freedive to take photo ID of sea turtles
- Observe mother turtles nesting under the stars
- Improve knowledge on sea turtles conservation and share the knowledge with the public
- Visit the beautiful Perhentian Islands of Malaysia
- Meet other volunteers and widen your connection
About the program
Sea turtle conservation project on the beautiful Perhentian Islands, Malaysia
While in the village, volunteers will get to go on kayak patrols to various locations to take photo IDs of turtles to collect data on the individual, their movements and feeding habits. Volunteers will also be conducting awareness talks with the team at nearby dive shops and resorts to spread the ...
Volunteers can use our kayak on their off days if they wish to kayak, go snorkelling with one of the snorkel operators, diving with the local dive shops, read or stroll around the village.
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Volunteers can choose to start on any Monday. This programme runs from April-September and is closed from October-February due to the Monsoon season.
Meet your organization
Agency - founded in 2012
Verified by Volunteer World