Local Medical & Healthcare Assistant
- Get the opportunity to explore different medical specializations, from pediatrics and maternity to mental health and surgery.
- Earn international volunteering experience by assisting doctors and nurses in treating patients in Ghana.
- Spend a few weeks in Ghana and immerse in its rich culture and history.
- Learn skills and techniques from seasoned doctors and nurses.
- Add to your CV or resume with this great experience
Especialmente adecuado para
Sobre el programa
Observe local professionals and perform routine tasks in various departments as you work directly with doctors & nurses to heal patients in & around cities in Ghana.
Medical care is a necessity of human rights and these hospitals and clinics that we partner with strive to provide the best care. Due to this, they are very welcoming of anyone who is willing to help.
Volunteers will be placed with doctors and nurses in actual care facilities in Ghana. They will ...
On any given day, you will work shifts alongside your supervisors. These shifts typically take the following form:
- Morning: 8am - 2pm
- Afternoon: 2pm - 8pm
- Night: 8pm - 8am
Each shift starts with rounds as you follow the consulting doctor and learn about each patient's case and course of ...
Actividades de tiempo libre
During weekends Volunteers/Interns have the opportunity to visit all that Ghana has to offer. Weekend trips available include visits to Mole National Park in the Northern Region of Ghana. This National Park offers a great Safari-like experience and is one of the biggest Elephant Sanctuaries in ...
¿Qué NO está incluido?
Detalles a la llegada
This program is available all year round, so volunteers or interns can arrive any day of the week or any month of the year with advance notice!
Cuotas del programa
Conoce a tu anfitrión(a)
Sin fines de lucro - fundada en 2004
Verificado por Volunteer World