à partir de 1 212€
Coastal Conservation, Research & Education Helper
- Experience dolphins and whales in their natural habitat!
- Meet fellow volunteers from all over the world and become friends!
- Our motto is: research, conserve and protect!
- Since our project is both sea and land based, you will have a diversity of tasks!
- Discover pretty Plettenberg Bay!
Particulièrement approprié pour
À propos du programme
There are loads of activities we offer during your stay with us! Our motto is: research, conserve and protect!
The Orca Foundation is part of a volunteer community dedicated to marine conservation in South Africa, and like many conservation projects depends on the willingness of others to contribute their time and dedication to furthering the volunteer and conservation ethics that go hand in hand for a ...
Be ready at 08h30, when we collect you for the day’s activities, which range from tank maintenance at Ocean Blue Adventures, to assisting research teams out on the ocean or the beach. Volunteer working week at ORCA Foundation is Monday to Friday, from 08h00 to 16h00.
Evenings and weekends are ...
Activités de loisirs
- Horse Back Safaris
- Buffalo Hills game drive
- Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve
- Bridge Walking
- Bungee Jumping
- Sky Diving
- Tree Top Canopy Tours
- Monkey land
- Birds of Eden
- Lawnwood snake park
- Tenikwa Wildlife Centre
- Adventure land water park
- 3D Walking Maze
- Dive Courses
- Surfing Lessons/per lesson
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Seal ...
NE SONT inclus dans le prix:
Informations sur l'arrivée
ORCA research, community upliftment, and education programs continue throughout the year. The choice of when to join us, is mainly dependent on you and what kind of weather you prefer.
Summer: January to March tend to be our warmest months.
- Sun cream and hats are strongly recommended.
- Temperatures range from lows of 15oC to highs of 30oC (590 to 890 Fahrenheit).
- Expect to see a variety of dolphin species and the occasional Bryde’s Whale on our whale watching tours at this time of year.
Autumn: April to June fall days are still warm, but the evenings cool off nicely.
- Temperatures range from 8oC overnight to 25oC at midday (460 to 770 Fahrenheit).
- Humpback whales, on migration north at this time of year, join dolphin species.
Winter: July to September are our winter months, but the start of whale-watching season.
- Days start off cool and warm up to about 20oC (680 F), but the nights are a chillier 5oC (410 F).
- Warm clothes are recommended for this time of year. We don’t use central heating in South Africa, so pack a jersey, jacket and gloves for the colder nights.
- Southern Right Whales are a common sight in Plettenberg Bay.
Spring: October to December weather conditions are similar to autumn.
- Animal sightings are mostly Humpback Whales and dolphins. The water warms up considerably, so diving and snorkelling can be done comfortably.
Frais de Programme
Rencontrez votre hôte
Agence - fondée en 2000
Vérifié par Volunteer World
Sur le projet
11 avis · 4.6
Ces projets pourraient t'intéresser aussi
Grands requins blancs
Reduction du plastique
Preservation des dauphins
Conservation des requins
Reduction des dechets
Baleines et dauphins
Projets a l´etranger
Grands 5 marine
Grand requin blanc en Afrique du Sud
Plus de 50 ans
Les meilleurs programmes de bénévolat