The main focus of Alliance Nepal’s work is to raise educational awareness and enhance the lives of villagers through improving education development within the community.
Who we are:
Alliance Nepal is an initiative set up by an enthusiastic team of locals within the Pokhara area. The main objective of Alliance Nepal is to be a catalyst towards social change through enhancing educational opportunities, health care, environmental awareness and cultural exchange.
A key aspect of this is through working towards setting up a Learning Center from the volunteer and cultural program fees. The Learning Center will provide villagers with the opportunity to learn computer skills, dress making and other income generating activities whilst acting as an information resource center.
Over the last 4 years Alliance Nepal has been successfully working towards its goal of education enhancement within the village. Alliance Nepal will continue working as a catalyst of social and economic change in a number of surrounding villages in the Pokhara area.
Alliance Nepal is a non-profit organization dedicated to community development and hoping to inspire volunteers and those on cultural exchange programs to help in working towards this goal. Alliance Nepal is offering a once in a lifetime experience in Nepal through a safe and friendly environment.
Alliance Nepal has selected the following underdeveloped, though beautiful working place, volunteers can choose one of these locations.
- Pokhara - It is Tourism capital of Nepal. It is 200km west from Kathmandu city. Our head office also located in Pokhara. It is renowned for being one of the most beautiful areas of Nepal with its stunning mountain range and many gorgeous lakes. Kaski district is a strange mix of both urban and rural communities. On the one hand it is the district and regional headquarter town of pokhara. On the other hand, not far from pokhara, many of the villages are extremely remote and underdeveloped
- Sarangkot - It 10 km west from pokhara. It is world famous place to see panaromic view of mountains Sunrise, and Sunset. There are beautiful village with view of pokhara city.
- Kaskikot - It is near Pokhara with full of cultural heritage & beautiful scene.
- Lamachaur - It is rich for natural beauty. It is small city near of Pokhara.
- Nawalparasi - It is flat area of Terai, It is west south part of Nepal. With unique cultural heritage.
Enjoying such opportunities as taking part in local festivals, weddings, farming, and visiting different areas in local village.
Alliance Nepal’s mission is to work as a facilitator and motivator to improve the quality of life of disadvantaged people. Being a helping hand and support center for the holistic progress of marginalized community, we works as a path finder of the local club and groups to achieve their goal of social justice, equality, prosperity and development. Another mission is to work as a global volunteer placement center to build good partnership between emic and etic member of community to unite for the peace and development.
Alliance Nepal's vision is making a new society where every member of society has equal access on opportunities of life chances is fully guaranteed. Further more, we also want to see Nepal as a best volunteering destination for global volunteer.
Volunteers can teach in the public school, work in the local health post, assist with environmental conservation or conduct other activities that are appropriate to the volunteer’s skills and the needs of the community at the time of his or her stay.
We provide Nepali culture and training for foreign volunteers who wish to render their services to Nepal. We send trained volunteers to schools and communities to generate awareness regarding environmental issues, sanitation, income generating initiatives, teaching English and health care.
Our funds go towards providing shelter and education for children who have been orphaned, those who have become the victims of natural disasters and internal political conflicts.
The aim of our volunteer program at Alliance Nepal is to encourage individuals from around the world to travel to Nepal to learn about the people, culture and environment of the region through voluntary service. This program aims to recruit volunteers who can share their skills in Sarangkot, Pokhara and neighboring villages with members of the local community. We support people in achieving their goals independently without undermining the values of the local culture.