Eco Nature and Coastal Conservation
- No standard safari holiday: Get an authentic, impactful and hands-on experience together with like-minded people from all over the world!
- Be more than a tourist: play an active role in the protection of our Wildlife and Nature by contributing to our research and conservation efforts!
- Addo Elephant National Park - Addo houses the densest population of African elephants per square kilometer and holds a mammoth section of conservation history for our area.
- Quality over quantity: in order to guarantee an educational and impactful experience for each volunteer, we will work in small groups with a maximum number of 10 participants!
- Alexandria Dune Fields - Our rocky shores content also includes the world-renowned Alexandria Dune Trail, which is home to the highest wind-driven sand dunes in the Southern Hemisphere.
About the program
Eco Volunteering in Wildlife & Marine Conservation. Uncover the whole big picture of our Eco-System for a better understanding of Nature & learn how to make a difference!
Conservation work runs from Monday to Friday – Weekends are off for relaxation.
There are several adventure and leisure-based activities in and around the area that can be arranged on weekends at an additional cost including:
- horse-back beach rides
- whale watching in Algoa Bay
- deep-sea-fishing at Port Alfred or surf and river fishing
- skydiving and paragliding in Grahamstown
- bungee ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
- We are offering a 1 to 4 weeks program (with the opportunity to extend your stay after 4 weeks)
- Program starts any Sunday every month
- All year long except creative break from 16.12.22 -16.01.23
- We will work in small groups of max. 10 participants
- Arrival Sunday: Pick-up, Check-in at Intaka Bird Lodge & Welcome
- Monday-Friday: Conservation Work
- Weekend: Free Time
Meet your organization
Verified by Volunteer World
About the project
29 reviews · 4.8
You might also be interested in
Elephant Sanctuary in South Africa
Rhino Conservation in South Africa
Planning a Gap Year in South Africa
Animals in Africa
Elephant Wildlife Sanctuary
South Africa Big Cats
Animals in South Africa
Global Volunteer Opportunities
50 Plus Volunteering
Lion Conservation in South Africa
Wildlife in South Africa
Best Volunteer Programs