Help at Local Healthcare Facilities
- Support the project team in their daily care duties, with an emphasis on offering patients overall care and companionship.
- Acquire an understanding of the medical system in Costa Rica by working at a care facility.
- Gain Spanish practice by living with a host family and sharing daily life with locals.
- Make memories you'll never forget during your time abroad.
- Learn more about the Latin American ways, customs and habits.
About the program
Volunteer at an assisted living facility for elderly adults or HIV patients, or a facility for disabled children.
Healthcare volunteers are typically placed at an assisted living facility for the elderly or at a special school for children with disabilities. If you have a strong preference we always do our best to accommodate you, however please note that due to availability and seasonal needs at our projects, ...
Within San José, volunteers can take a city tour, see shows at the National Theatre, visit the central market, and go zip-lining. Our local staff always posts a monthly events calendar to let them know of the activities going on around Maximo. Outside of San José, they can hike up volcanos, go ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Every Monday, all year round.
Meet your host
Agency - founded in 2003
Verified by Volunteer World
About the project
107 reviews · 4.7
2023 at Community Childcare Supporter
2023 at Help Local Animal Rescue Centers