Mycologist in Bolivian Amazon
- Experience living at the Aquicuana Reserve
- Gain experience doing active mycology research to help conservation
- Become more passionate about nature
- Make meaningful discoveries at the Aquicuana Reserve
- Get to know the Bolivian culture
About the program
We are looking for a mycologist to study fungi at the Aquicuana Reserve, list and suggest observation projects.
Sustainable Bolivia is a NGO based in Riberalta, the heart of the Bolivian Amazon. We focus our work on sustainable community development and conservation actions.
Our volunteers have the opportunity to live and support our work at the Aquicuana Reserve and it's surroundings. This area of ...
08:30 Start of work
14:00 Continue work
18:00 End of working hours
Responsibilities may include:
- Cultivation Program: testing and optimizing the process of cultivation. This includes substrate compositions, sterilization methods, inoculation methods, fruiting techniques, etc.
In their free time, volunteers can enjoy a lot of activities around Riberalta such as enjoying the nature of the Amazon (tours, trekking) and the animals, enjoying the rivers (boat tours) or the swimming pools in the city. It is also very easy to go to Brazil where you there is a lot of ...
What's NOT included?
Details on arrival
Meet your host
Non-profit - founded in 2006
Verified by Volunteer World