Big Cat Sanctuary on a Wildlife Reserve
- Assist with the care of 14 lions and 1 tiger saved from horrible backgrounds, many from private ownership and zoos in the Ukraine, that need to learn how to live like normal big cats again
- Relieve the boredom that living in captivity can bring by helping making fun animal enrichments for the lions and tiger to enjoy
- For those studying or qualified in veterinary medicine of any form, we would love you to come and volunteer your expertise and assistance as some of the cats need extra care due to their background
- Immerse yourself in the fantastic wildlife surroundings on the wildlife reserve with giraffe, zebra, impala and other antelope while hiking and checking perimeter fencing to keep the animals safe
- With South Africa's surfing capital 20 minutes drive away, spend your free time on the beach, learning how to surf or visit one of the fantastic Big 5 reserves in the surrounding areas
Especialmente adecuado para
Sobre el programa
Volunteer at an ethical Big Cat sanctuary assisting with the ongoing care of 14 lions and 1 tiger saved from dire captive situations mainly from the Ukraine.
The Big Cat sanctuary is an ethical rescue centre for captive bred animals – mainly big cats- situated on a 154ha wildlife reserve home to various free roaming wildlife – which means you could have some “wild” visitors at your volunteer accommodation i.e. giraffe, zebra, vervet monkeys, ...
The schedule is Monday to Friday as volunteers have the weekend off to relax or partake in local attractions in the area. In other words, 5 days on and 2 days off.
8am Morning Checks of the sanctuary
- Fence Checks:
- Animal Checks
- Document all concerns/issues
- Breakfast time and time to chat about ...
Actividades de tiempo libre
This area of the Eastern Cape province is referred to as the “Sunshine Coast” with lovely long stretches of beautiful beaches in the nearby town of Jeffrey's Bay perfect for swimming, sunbathing and taking surfing lessons or just strolling around the many shops and restaurants.
More inland ...
¿Qué NO está incluido?
Detalles a la llegada
Arrival and departure days are Mondays. Arrivals need to be befoe 14h00 at Port Elizabeth Airport or the Jeffreys Bay Intercape stop. Departures must be after 10h00.
Cuotas del programa
Conoce a tu anfitrión(a)
Verificado por Volunteer World
sobre la organización
55 reseñas · 4.8
También te puede interesar
Conservación del León
Mayores de 50 años
Grandes felinos de Sudáfrica
los Animales Africanos
Animales en África
Vida salvaje en Sudáfrica
Animales en Sudáfrica
Los mejores programas de voluntariado
Conservación del león en Sudáfrica
Voluntariado Viajes para estudiantes universitarios
Proyectos en el extranjero
Viajes misioneros a África
Los cinco grandes