Sea turtle and wildlife conservation trip
- Witness the breathtaking 'arribada': thousands of sea turtles nesting together on the beach.
- Participate in several conservation actions led by local people: protecting sea turtles, monitoring marine fauna, crocodiles, deers, planting trees in the jungle, doing beach cleaning, ...
- Live like a local, traveling to up to 7 rural and indigenous communities and their natural paradises along the entire coast of Oaxaca.
- People from the coast are the best for making you laugh. They will make a joke for everything and you won't be able to stop laughing
- Your actions will impact to empower local people to conservate nature and its resources, making them aware of its value and threats through environmental education workshops.
Especialmente adecuado para
Sobre el programa
15 days for experience Mexican life as a local travelling along Oaxaca coast & protecting turtles, marine fauna, deers, jungle wildlife, educating children, and more!
Our expedition takes you on an unforgettable journey along the stunning Oaxaca coast, where you'll actively support seven dedicated community groups in their crucial conservation efforts. This immersive experience offers a wide range of hands-on activities, from nighttime beach patrols to safeguard ...
Every Day unveils a New Adventure!
We understand that time can be limited, and experiencing the true essence of Mexico may seem daunting. That's why we've carefully curated a diverse array of activities that highlight the incredible beauty of Oaxaca's coastline.
*Please note that Our itinerary may be ...
Actividades de tiempo libre
Close to Morro Ayuta Project:
- Huatulco. It’s a city full of wonderfull things: coral reefs, beautiful beaches, waterfalls, a national park, … It is a place full of possibilities
- Chipehua Dunes, a little-known beach very close to Morro Ayuta. There are some impressive dunes, it seems the Sahara but ...
¿Qué NO está incluido?
Detalles a la llegada
Calls for volunteering groups in 2023:
🔆25 of October to 8 of November🔆 Special call: Día de muertos*
🔆24 of November to 8 of December🔆
Calls for volunteering groups in 2024:
🔆23 of January to 6 of February🔆 - Whales and leatherback sea turtle season*
🔆22 of February to 7 of March🔆 - Whales season*
🔆23 of July to 6 of August🔆
🔆16 to 30 of August🔆
🔆17 of September to 1 of October🔆 - Best olive ridley sea turtle arribadas of the year*
🔆19 of November to 3 of December🔆 - Best weather & landscapes of the year*
Pick up by public transport on the first date from 9.00 am to 15.00 in Puerto Escondido airport or bus station.
Cuotas del programa
Conoce a tu anfitrión(a)
Sin fines de lucro
Verificado por Volunteer World