à partir de 872€
Baboon Rehabilitator & Care-Giver
- Volunteer in a stunning Big Five Nature Reserve in the Greater Kruger National Park, South Africa, surrounded by captivating wildlife
- Engage in the pioneering rehabilitation process of healing orphaned chacma baboons, contributing to their journey towards freedom
- Make a difference by rescuing, rehabilitating, and releasing orphaned baboons, giving them a second chance at a wild and fulfilling life
- Connect with like-minded volunteers from around the world, forging lifelong friendships while working towards a common goal
- Enjoy thrilling safari tours through Kruger National Park on your days off, guided by our knowledgeable CARE Guide
Particulièrement approprié pour
À propos du programme
Care for orphans, bond with surrogate baboon mothers, prepare food, clean enclosures, and embrace life in South Africa with hands-on baboon work!
C.A.R.E. is a reputable wildlife rehabilitation centre since 1989, with over 400 baboons in our care. We need your help to provide the best care and welfare for all the animal orphans which deserve a wonderful life after humans took so much from them. We are located ...
Working with a large number of wild animals means that your day can change in an instance but generally your day will include the following:
- 06:00am: Wake Up & Make Bottles for baby baboons and prepare feed-sacks of chopped veggies for adults
- 07:00am: Breakfast - make your own from the cereals and ...
Activités de loisirs
Looking after 430 baboons is a huge task and a 7 day a week job!
However, we know that our volunteers need time off so we encourage it! The days at C.A.R.E. can be long and hot so it's essential that you rest and reboot so you can continue helping the baboons.
Many volunteers take a day off each ...
NE SONT inclus dans le prix:
Informations sur l'arrivée
Please plan your dates and travel to arrive on the first or third Monday of the month, and to also depart on a Monday.
We ask that volunteers arrive on a MONDAY (1st or 3rd Monday of the month). This enables the coordination of pick ups and also means that you can follow the education and induction programme which runs on Mondays and Tuesdays. This way you have time to settle in and then complete an education program so that you know exactly what you will be doing.
You will be given a tour of our Phase 1 Rehabilitation Area, see where the main kitchen and working areas are, where you will take your meals, where to do your laundry (or drop it off for the cleaning lady), see the Bonding Enclosures, Semi-Wild enclosures, Nursery and more.
You will receive presentations, tours, and fill out the necessary forms in the first few days, whilst getting on the job training.
- We recommend that you take either a shuttle service or a flight from Johannesburg airport. There is a shuttle service which is very reputable that runs from OR Tambo all the way to Grietjie Nature Reserve gate (the gate of our reserve where we can pick you up). This is a new service running for the last 3 or so years and has been recommended highly by other volunteers. Services include SWIFT or Safari Link shuttles. We can send you more info when you book.
- Another way to get here is to take a flight to HOEDSPRUIT airport. We can offer a transfer from the airport on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month.
- For departures, we offer a transfer each Monday either to the shuttle collection or the airport.
- We presently charge the following return transfer fees;
- HOEDSPRUIT AIRPORT PICK UP; R800 (ZAR local currency)
- Grietjie Reserve Gate (where the shuttle company can drop you); R300
Frais de Programme
Rencontrez votre hôte
Non lucratif - fondée en 1989
Vérifié par Volunteer World