à partir de 1 599€
Whales, Sharks and Penguins Conservation
- Assist the onboard marine biologist on the whale or research boat with monitoring and data capturing of Southern Right and Humpback whales during the annual migration period from June to December
- Help with the rehabilitation of injured, oiled and sick African Penguins and birds brought in for care and recuperation at a state-of-the-art facility. Penguin feeding takes place twice a day.
- This is one of few shark conservation projects whose marine biologist is permitted to tag Great White sharks. Get involved with data capturing and research on the shark boat and while cage diving
- Taking part in lectures of White Shark biology and research, African Penguins, marine mammal species, company and conservation overview, rocky shores ecology, boat safety and more.
- The area has lots of fun things to do in your free time, visit a predator sanctuary, go shopping in Hermanus, visit wine farms, go beer tasting or hike the fantastic shorelines
Particulièrement approprié pour
À propos du programme
Experience not only Whale, Dolphin, Shark and Penguin research and monitoring but also community education, environmental issues, ecology and ecotourism
This multi-faceted Marine Big 5 (Shark, Whale, Penguin, Seal and Dolphin) project is the perfect opportunity to make a difference with marine species conservation both on land and sea, ecotourism, research, and community development. There is a huge variety of work that you will be doing, and this ...
An example of a typical day…
…please remember the daily schedule is affected according to the seasons and the weather. For the days that the weather is not advisable to go out by boat-for example due to high swells- there are still plenty of duties and activities to take part in:
5am to 8am- Time ...
Activités de loisirs
Some of the attractions in the area:
- Wine tasting at local wine farms which the area is famous for… we love the Sir Robert Stanford wine farm but there are plenty in the neighbouring areas to visit
- Visit the Klipgat Cave just outside De Kelders in the Walker Bay Nature Reserve the early home to ...
NE SONT inclus dans le prix:
Informations sur l'arrivée
It is an early Monday morning start, so volunteers need to arrive at Cape Town International Airport on the Sunday and overnight in Cape Town which is included in the cost. An overnight stay in Cape Town on returning on the Monday, can be arranged too.
Frais de Programme
Rencontrez votre hôte
Vérifié par Volunteer World
Sur le projet
46 avis · 4.8
Ces projets pourraient t'intéresser aussi
Certificat de plongée
Grands requins blancs
Preservation des dauphins
Conservation des requins
Grand requin blanc en Afrique du Sud
Les meilleurs programmes de bénévolat
Grands 5 marine
Animaux en Afrique du Sud
Plus de 50 ans
Baleines et dauphins
Projets a l´etranger
Animaux en Afrique