Big Cat Sanctuary on a Wildlife Reserve
- Assist with the care of 14 lions and 1 tiger saved from horrible backgrounds, many from private ownership and zoos in the Ukraine, that need to learn how to live like normal big cats again
- Relieve the boredom that living in captivity can bring by helping making fun animal enrichments for the lions and tiger to enjoy
- For those studying or qualified in veterinary medicine of any form, we would love you to come and volunteer your expertise and assistance as some of the cats need extra care due to their background
- Immerse yourself in the fantastic wildlife surroundings on the wildlife reserve with giraffe, zebra, impala and other antelope while hiking and checking perimeter fencing to keep the animals safe
- With South Africa's surfing capital 20 minutes drive away, spend your free time on the beach, learning how to surf or visit one of the fantastic Big 5 reserves in the surrounding areas
Besonders geeignet für
Über das Programm
Volunteer at an ethical Big Cat sanctuary assisting with the ongoing care of 14 lions and 1 tiger saved from dire captive situations mainly from the Ukraine.
The Big Cat sanctuary is an ethical rescue centre for captive bred animals – mainly big cats- situated on a 154ha wildlife reserve home to various free roaming wildlife – which means you could have some “wild” visitors at your volunteer accommodation i.e. giraffe, zebra, vervet monkeys, ...
The schedule is Monday to Friday as volunteers have the weekend off to relax or partake in local attractions in the area. In other words, 5 days on and 2 days off.
8am Morning Checks of the sanctuary
- Fence Checks:
- Animal Checks
- Document all concerns/issues
- Breakfast time and time to chat about ...
This area of the Eastern Cape province is referred to as the “Sunshine Coast” with lovely long stretches of beautiful beaches in the nearby town of Jeffrey's Bay perfect for swimming, sunbathing and taking surfing lessons or just strolling around the many shops and restaurants.
More inland ...
Was ist NICHT inklusive?
Informationen zur Anreise
Arrival and departure days are Mondays. Arrivals need to be befoe 14h00 at Port Elizabeth Airport or the Jeffreys Bay Intercape stop. Departures must be after 10h00.
Lerne deine Organisation kennen
von Volunteer World verifiziert
Über die Organisation
45 Bewertungen · 4.8
Das könnte dich auch interessieren
Tiere in Afrika
Wildtiere in Afrika
Loewen Auffangstation in Suedafrika
Wildtiere in Südafrika
FSJ im Ausland
Projekte im Ausland
Tiere in Suedafrika
Auslandspraktikum in Suedafrika