a partire da 1.470€
Big 5 Monitoring, Conservation, Sustainable Living
- Volunteer in the stunning Abelana Game Reserve near Kruger National Park, assisting with Big 5, hyenas, and cheetah monitoring
- Contribute to vital conservation activities, ensuring a healthy environment for the survival of these incredible species
- Gain hands-on experience in data recording, wildlife observation, tracking, and camera trap processing
- Immerse yourself in the field, spending up to 12 hours a day, learning about African predators and herbivores' behavior
- Embrace sustainable living practices and make a difference by reducing plastic, adopting zero-waste habits, and promoting solar energy
Particolarmente adatto per
Give your contribution towards wildlife conservation! Learn about animal behaviour, reserve management and anti-poaching while living a lifetime experience! 🇿🇦
The aim of the LEO Africa research project is to provide park wardens and ecologists with detailed information about wildlife within Abelana Game Reserve. This information is used to evaluate the impact of re-introduced animals and to maintain balanced, stable, and sustainable ecosystems.
Your time ...
Attività del tempo libero
Activities for the free time: reading, data analysis/Camera Traps (in depth, at the volunteer discretion), see ID kits, educational FGASA Talks on request, excursions, relax, watching movies.
Volunteers also have the opportunity of visiting the surrounding areas taking part in some excursions that ...
Cosa NON è incluso?
Our weeks run from Sunday to Saturday, so we kindly ask volunteers to arrive in Johannesburg OR Tambo preferably on saturday night at Johannesburg OR Tambo and spend the night in a guesthouse close to the airport. You can start any Sunday of the year according to availability. For the Saturday of departure, volunteers need to book a flight that leaves Johannesburg OR Tambo on Saturday evening after 20.00.
We provide airport pick-up/drop-off in in Johannesburg with our minibus/with a third party private transfer every second week. When we do not organise our transfer, volunteers can reach LEO Africa with a plane to Hoedspruit (we will then pick you up in Hoedspruit). For details about transfers, please contact us!
Transfers on road are included in the price!
Should you wish to self drive, this is possible but please consider that the rental car should be kept for the duration of the stay as the closest car rental place is Johannesburg OR Tambo itself.
Tariffe del programma
Incontra il tuo ospite
Agenzia - fondata nel 2005
Verificato da Volunteer World
39 recensioni · 4.7
Potreste essere interessati anche a
Salvaguardia del Ghepardo
Salvaguardia degli Elefanti
Salvaguardia del Leopardo
Salvaguardia del Leone
Salvaguardia del Rinoceronte
Volontariato in Inglese
gli Animali in Sudafrica
gli Animali Selvatici in Africa
Studente di Scuola Superiore
i grandi 5
piu dei 50 anni
dei 18 anni
Progetti all estero