Do not confuse the Tourist Visa, with the e-Tourist Visa. The main difference is that a Tourist Visa allows multiple entries, for a longer period of time. Apply for this visa only if your organization and embassy
advice you to do so and if you are staying in India for a short time. Please check in advance if your country is eligible for it.
An application for an e-Tourist Visa must be made at least four days prior the date of arrival, and it is valid for a single entry, with a maximum stay of 30 days from the date of arrival. You can apply for this
visa twice in a year.
Citizens of the following countries and territories who hold ordinary passports are eligible to obtain the e-Tourist Visa, and can
(unless they are of Pakistani origin):
- Africa: Botswana, Cote d'Ivoire, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia,
Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Mauritius, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Senegal, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- North America: All North American citizens
- Central America: All Central American countries.
- South America: All South American countries.
- Caribbean: Caribbean countries.
- Europe: All European countries except Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cyprus, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Turkey
- Asia: All Asian countries except Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan,
Lebanon, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan and Yemen
- Oceania: All Oceanian countries.
- The solicitor should
upload a passport page (a scanned document of the first page of your passport; Format: PDF Document. Size: min. 10KB; max. 300KB)
- A digital Passport Photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application (Format: *.jpeg, Min.: 10 KB, Max.: 1 MB)
- You will also need to pay the fee that is required for your country of origin. To know the fee applicable on your country/territory, please
- After proper payment and documentation have been delivered, the traveller will receive confirmation and e-TV at personal e-mail, which needs to be printed. The traveller needs to make a copy of this
documentation and carry all travel documents at the time of travel.
If you want more information about how the e-Tourist Visa works, you can get all the information you need
If you require additional information, or have doubts about the documentation you need to have to travel to India, please visit the
Indian Government website.
If you want more information about Visa extensions, or other Visa related questions, consult India's
Home Affairs website.
The Indian government has
Consulate and Embassy
all around the world; if you have any doubts concerning your documentation, contact the one nearest to you.